Mark Richard Gaertner
Mark R. Gaertner, a Minnesota personal injury and wrongful death lawyer, has represented thousands of individuals and families who have suffered death or injury caused as a result of an accident. Mark has served as a lawyer in a number of cases that led to notable settlements and insurance coverage.
Mark is a former insurance defense attorney. He knows both sides of every personal injury case. His insurance defense background allows him to make an honest, accurate, and early assessment of the merits of a case and anticipate the strategies of the insurance companies. Many of Mark’s clients are referred directly from other lawyers, doctors, and clients. "Common sense is the most important trait for a successful personal injury lawyer," he says.
Mark received his B.S. from Marquette University and J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law. He is admitted to practice in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the US District Court-District of Minnesota. Mark is a member of the Minnesota Association for Justice, Minnesota State Bar Association, American Association for Justice, and Ramsey County Bar Association. Mark is on the Panel of Arbitrators for the American Arbitration Association and is also a Minnesota Supreme Court Qualified Neutral. Over the past several years, Mark has been nominated by his peers as a Rising Star, Super Lawyer, and an attorney with high legal ability and ethical standards.
When Mark is not in the office or courtroom, he is often with his three children playing, watching, or coaching sports.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Supreme Court Qualified Neutral
- American Arbitration Association Arbitrator
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Major: Accounting
- Overview of the Rules & Evidentiary Considerations in No-Fault Arbitrations, Minnesota Institute Legal Education, 1997
Honors and Awards
- Ring Star
- Super Lawyer
- Martindale-Hubbell Rated Attorney
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota Association for Justice, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Ramsey County Bar Association, Member
- American Arbitration Association, Panel of Arbitrators